Name: Matias Martinez
Ship: San Ignacio de Loyola
Birth: Aguimes, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Wife: Maria Magdalena Santos
|Galvestown Settlement Survey|
He was shown on the TBD census in TBD. In 1794, he owned land along Bayou Manchac, north of Juan Malchor and Francisco Morales.
His name can be found spelled Mattias Martin in both the ship manifest list of 1778 and the 1794 survey.2
After 1810, many of his children can be found residing at Spanish Town, Baton Rouge.
- Juan Santos (b. 1774)
- Maria (b. 1776)
- Ferdinand Bernard (b. 29 Jan 1783)
- Fernando Antonio (b. 5 Jan 1784)
- Maria Antonia (b. 27 Mar 1789)
- Gilbert C. Din, The Canary Islanders of Louisiana, Louisiana State University Press, p220, University of Louisiana at Lafayette Edith Garland Dupre Library, PO Box 40199, Lafayette LA 70504.
- Surveyors Maps of the District of Galveston, Louisiana. 1793-1794